The pandemic in 2020 which acted as a black swan event resulted in a tectonic shift across industries . Firms across the world accelerated their shift towards digital and many of them had to completely reinvent their business models , reorganize processes and rewire business operations . Leapfrogging of technologies became a standard norm .
As we are about to embark on a new journey and moving towards 2021.
Let us look at the major trends which will shape the future of the digital ecosystem .
Digital Trends to watch out for in 2021
- Importance of User Experience in Search via Google’s core web vitals
- Data Governance adhering to appropriate regulations & laws
- IoT will rule across manufacturing firms
- Single page applications or sites will be back in focus
- Contextual advertising based on user’s intent and preferences
- AI , ML algorithms will power businesses & solve problems which may result it being a key aspect across all corporate strategy meetings
- Usage of ad-blockers affecting digital marketing initiatives
- Cookie based user consent for remarketing purposes across geographies
- Local SEO & Voice Search will gain prominence especially on mobile
- AMP may lose its value : Brands would focus on consistency across devices
- Brands will invest more on ORM across channels especially on social media
- Customer 360 will be a reality and no more a theory ( adhering to compliances )
- Customer Experience across various touch points to be a key differentiator
- Performance of UX will be evaluated by business value assessments & outcomes
- Content Marketing will be driven by themes like Wellness, health and sustainability
- Brands will practice the principle of inclusive growth to widen their reach
- Real time analytics and omni channel experience will work in sync to achieve marketing objectives
- Zero click searches will see an uptick and featured snippets / instant answers will continue to rule the world of search engines
- Data localization would be a huge topic in emerging markets
- Harmonization of application landscape : Consolidation of tools under one umbrella ( eg : Either a Adobe or Google stack / Enterprise apps (SAP, Oracle or Microsoft)
Are you ready for an exciting journey ? Future is in front of us .
On your marks, get set go !!!
About The Author :
Aditya Krishnan is a Digital Strategist & Consultant with 10+ years of experience across different sectors and practices . He has managed business transformation engagements ranging from setting up digital platforms , designing marketing strategies to leading analytics projects . He has authored several publications on various topics across portals and shares his views regularly on latest trends in the digital / marketing space .