Google IO 2023 : Key Insights
Attended the Google IO 2023
Key Takeaways at a glance for everyone’s reference
Leveraging the power of AI across products
- Cloud: will enable users to fine tune and train their own AI models with an enterprise perspective of security and privacy control
- Gmail: a new feature called “help me write” will empower users to use generative AI when responding to or sending emails
- Photos: feature called “magic editor” uses a combination of semantic understanding and generative AI to enable advanced picture improvements through edit functionality
- PaLM 2 : Scalable use of the AI models across devices especially with healthcare use-cases
- Lens: uses chatbot BARD to generate things like captions based on a photo prompt, understand the sentiment of a photo through expressions etc
- Maps: enhanced street view capabilities that will allow users to preview their routes in an immersive view, so they can visualize their entire trip before the start
- Slides: Able to use features of chatbot BARD within Google products, to have a new functionality called “sidekick” that enables users to search & get an answer with cited sources
The pilot version is made available to all users across the globe and they aim to integrate the solution with Google’s suite of products
- Export Feature: Actions enable you to move Bard’s responses directly into other platforms like Gmail and Google Docs/Sheets
- Adobe Firefly: Users can prompt Bard to generate an image and it will create an image based on the given attributes
- Privacy: Focus on security and privacy features of their AI models
- Search: Search results will become more visual in results with detailed descriptions . Zero click searches expected to rise further .
- Availability & Reach : Bard is now open to over 180 countries and territories and is available in English, Japanese, and Korean. Fine tuned on regional , linguistic and cultural aspects
EVOLUTION OF ORGANIC SEARCH
Generative AI in search will transform how people use search engines with new integrated search results that will enable a user to get much more information on a single query .
We are moving towards an era of conversational search wherein it is going to become more difficult to maintain a fine balance between monetizing the search platform and user experience .
The battle to grab the market share for Search Engine + Generative AI has gathered immense pace. Brace for interesting times ahead :)
About The Author :
Aditya Krishnan is a Senior Digital Strategist & Consultant with rich experience across different sectors and practices at a global level. He has authored several publications on Digital Marketing , Transformation, Technology etc across portals and shares his views regularly on latest trends in the digital /technology and marketing space . He is also invited as a guest speaker by leading B-schools and in industry events . As a social initiative he has started a knowledge platform ‘Insights From Aditya’ on Linkedin to share latest insights and perspectives on various digital, technology and marketing topics with an aim to spread knowledge and raise awareness . In addition to it he is also a reputed author , poet and an avid researcher . He recently published his book “ A string of pearls” a collection of best set of poems .
For latest insights in the field of Digital Marketing, Analytics and Technology connect & follow me on Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/adityasrkrishnan
Follow me on Twitter : https://twitter.com/adityaskrishnan